Guide to Ajna Chakra, the Sixth Chakra
Guide to Ajna Chakra, the Third Eye Chakra
Chakras are energy centres in the body that help to regulate and balance your physical, emotional, and spiritual health. When all seven chakras are open and balanced, you can experience life at its fullest potential.
Ajna Chakra, the third eye chakra, is a powerful centre of energy that can help you connect with your intuition and see the world in new ways. This chakra is located at the centre of your forehead, just above your eyebrows. It’s considered to be the seat of divine consciousness, where you can meet the higher self and receive guidance.
When your 6th chakra is open and balanced, you can tap into your intuition, which can help you make decisions that align with your highest self. Your instinct is a powerful tool that allows you to see beyond the physical realm and into other dimensions at will.
What is the Third Eye Chakra?
The Ajna Chakra represents our ability to see beyond what we encounter with our physical senses alone – to see into another dimension that exists on a different plane from our physical reality. When we open our third eye chakra through meditation and other practices, we’re able to tap into our intuition and connect with a higher vibration of consciousness. This helps us to see ourselves from a more objective point of view, which can lead to greater self-awareness and self-love.
Where is the Third Eye located?
The third eye chakra is located in the centre of your forehead, between your eyebrows. It is associated with our ability to communicate with ourselves and others on an intuitive level, as well as our connection with higher realms of consciousness.
The colour associated with this energy point is indigo or violet – and if you’re wondering why some people believe purple is the best colour for meditation, it’s because of Ajna!
What does it do?
The Ajna Chakra represents a third eye that reflects divine wisdom. It’s said to be able to perceive past and future events and see into other dimensions of reality. This energy centre also helps you connect with your inner self and gain insight. Furthermore, the energy of this chakra can help you become more intuitive and aware of what’s happening around you.
What are the characteristics of the Ajna Chakra?
As we previously mentioned, the colour associated with this chakra is indigo, symbolising wisdom. It also represents creativity – and a connection to higher consciousness. The chakra’s natural element is light, symbolising knowledge and enlightenment.
Benefits of opening your Ajna Chakra
The Ajna Chakra is a powerful energy centre that can help you open your mind to new ideas and bring clarity to life decisions. It also allows you to see more clearly, both literally and figuratively.
By clearing blockages in this area of your body, you can increase intuition, enhance your perception and visualisation skills, experience a sense of calmness and well-being, improve memory and concentration, and get a clearer vision in life decisions. You’ll also find yourself better able to understand yourself and others around you.
The 6th chakra can also help you to become more organised and create more structure in your life. It will clear any energy holding you back from achieving your goals and bring clarity and focus to your mind. Opening this energy point will allow you to see the bigger picture and make decisions that align with what will ultimately benefit humanity as a whole.
Signs of a balanced Third Eye Chakra
If your Third Eye chakra is balanced, you’ll be able to sense things with your intuition – by using logic and reason to make decisions. You’ll be able to see things that others can’t, but you’ll also be able to use your rational mind to make sense of what you’re seeing.
You’ll have a strong sense of self-confidence and high self-awareness. You may also experience synchronicities or moments where things just fall into place without any effort on your part.
How do I know if my Third Eye Chakra needs healing?
Here are some signs that may indicate that your 6th chakra is unbalanced:
- You’re prone to headaches, especially when you’re stressed or tired.
- You have a hard time focusing on your work or are easily distracted by things that aren’t important.
- You find yourself daydreaming or staring off into space all the time.
- You have a hard time making decisions and find yourself second-guessing yourself often.
- You’re prone to get lost in your thoughts or be unable to focus on the present moment.
- You have difficulty tuning into your intuition, especially when making important decisions.
How to open your Ajna Chakra
- The best way to open your Ajna chakra is through yoga (especially Headstand – Shirshasana). The headstand isn’t just a good way to strengthen your core and open up your shoulders – it’s also a great way to get in touch with your third eye! When you’re upside down, all the blood rushes to your head and gives you a rush of energy to help you feel more alert and present.
- Breath consciously. Take a few deep breaths in through your nose and exhale slowly through the mouth. As you inhale, imagine the air flowing up from the base of your spine and into your third eye. When you exhale, imagine that all the stress, worry, and anxiety are leaving with each breath.
- Feel connected to all beings. The third eye chakra is a powerful tool for connecting you to the universe. When you feel that connection, think of one thing that makes you feel good and send out positive energy to it. You can also think of someone who needs some love and send them some of your own!
We hope that by learning about the Ajna Chakra, you will be able to better connect with your higher self and gain clarity. Take the time to practise opening this energy point and see how your life will change for the better!
In our guides, you can find more about this chakra and the seven main chakras!