Guide to Sahasrara Chakra, the Seventh Chakra
Guide to Sahasrara Chakra, the Seventh Chakra
The Crown Chakra, also known as Sahasrara, is located at the top of the head and is considered the seat of enlightenment. It’s deeply based on intuition, enlightenment, personal growth, and spiritual development.
This particular energy centre is where we can connect with our highest self or higher consciousness to access information that isn’t available through normal channels.
The Sahasrara Chakra isn’t just about spirituality – it’s also about consciousness and the ability to see beyond our physical limitations. It’s an energy point where we can access new ideas, thoughts, and concepts beyond what is currently known or understood.
What is the Crown Chakra?
The crown chakra is your connection to the divine. It comes from the Sanskrit word “Sahasrara”, which means “infinite” or “thousand”. When this chakra is balanced, you feel like you are part of something bigger than yourself – that there is more to life than what you can see with your eyes.
A strong Sahasrara Chakra can help you tap into your intuition, which is essential to having a healthy relationship with yourself and others. You also have access to spiritual guidance through this chakra. The 7th chakra helps you connect to your higher self and the universe.
Where is the Crown Chakra located?
The Crown Chakra is located at the top of the head. It is the seventh and final chakra in the human energy system. The energy of this centre is related to our ability to receive knowledge, wisdom, and enlightenment from a higher power.
Moreover, this energy point is strongly connected to having a more positive outlook on life. Certain emotions like gratitude, acceptance, empathy and compassion can be beneficial in opening the chakra. That being said, there’s a reason why this energy centre is positioned on the top – it throws away the ego, making you fully open yourself up to your higher Self.
What does it do?
The crown chakra represents your connection to the divine, as well as your ability to receive wisdom and knowledge. It also helps you expand your consciousness and connect with a higher power. When this chakra is fully open, it allows you to see the world from a different perspective – not limited by ego or self-interest.
Once you tap into this chakra, you can reach a state of self-realisation and enlightenment. It also allows you to access your intuition, which is essential for making decisions in life.
What are the characteristics of the Sahasrara Chakra?
Violet or white is the colour of the 7th chakra, and it is typically associated with spiritual and cosmic consciousness. When the Crown Chakra is balanced, you may feel very high, almost out of this world. You may also feel like everything is perfect and that you don’t need anything else.
Benefits of opening your Crown Chakra
Opening the crown energy point has a lot of benefits. You’ll find that it improves mental clarity, focus and your sense of well-being. You’ll also feel more compassion for others, have increased intuition, and gain a greater sense of purpose and self-awareness. Additionally, you’ll find that it reduces stress and anxiety, which will help you to feel more relaxed. Finally, health improvements are bound to happen since your body experiences a release from toxins.
Signs of a balanced Crown Chakra – the 7th chakra
A balanced seventh energy centre will help you feel more connected to your intuition, creativity, and spirituality. You’ll have a positive outlook on life and have increased self-confidence and self-esteem. Moreover, you’ll be able to heal faster and better than before, as well as have a positive effect on those around you. In essence, you’ll be more in touch with the natural world around you and have a clearer sense of your place in it.
How do I know if my Sahasrara Chakra needs healing?
Here are some indications that your 7th chakra may be out of balance:
- You feel disconnected from other people and the world around you.
- Your intuition is unreliable or failing.
- Life feels like it’s missing something.
- You let other people’s opinions dictate how you feel about yourself instead of listening to your own feelings.
- You feel frustrated about not being able to make the changes in your life that you know are right for you.
- You feel unsatisfied with your life and don’t know why.
- You’ve lost sight of your values, goals, and dreams.
- You feel depressed for no apparent reason.
How to open your Crown Chakra
- All meditation practices are designed to guide you into a relaxed state of mind and clear out your energy centres. The more often this happens, the easier it becomes. With that in mind, the more clearly you can see and feel your energy centres, the better you’ll be able to cleanse them of unwanted energy and thus create more space in your body for pure, positive energy to flow through you.
- Practice yoga. To awaken your Crown Chakra, try doing yoga poses where your forehead touches the ground and seated postures – such as Headstand or Corpse Pose.
- Visualisation techniques. Visualise yourself surrounded by light or feeling like you’re floating above everything else; visualise your crown chakra opening up; visualise yourself radiating love from within; visualise yourself being filled up with love from above! These visualisations will help align the Crown Chakra with your intention.
- Affirmations are a great way to help you align your thoughts and intentions with the universe’s energy. Some examples of affirmations include:
- I am filled with love.
- I am surrounded by light.
- I am filled with pure love and light.
- I radiate love from within me.
- My crown chakra has opened up, allowing me to be fully connected to the Divine Source of love, peace, and joy.
The more often you repeat these affirmations, the more they will become ingrained in your mind.
We hope that by learning about the Sahasrara Chakra, you will be able to open up this area of your body and allow the Divine Light to flow through you.
In our guides, you can find more about this chakra and the seven main chakras!