Guide to Anahata Chakra, the fourth Chakra
Guide to Anahata Chakra, the fourth Chakra
If you’re looking to expand your consciousness and get in touch with your spiritual side, it’s essential to understand the chakras. Chakras are energy centres in the body that act as gateways to higher states of consciousness. There are seven main energy points along the spine, each corresponding to different aspects of your being.
Chakras are often represented as spinning wheels of energy, each with a specific colour and associated symbol. In this blog post, we will focus on the Anahata Chakra or the Heart’s energy point, going into further detail about its meaning and function.
What is the Anahata Chakra?
In short, Anahata Chakra is a powerful energy centre that resonates with unconditional love and compassion. Opening your heart chakra has many benefits, including increased connection with others and greater self-love.
Anahata means “unhurt” or “unstruck,” referring to how this chakra brings us a sense of well-being and security when balanced.
Where is the heart chakra located?
The heart chakra is located in the centre of our chest, right where the heart is. It’s associated with the colour green and the element of air. This chakra is responsible for our sense of love, compassion, intuition, and healing abilities. In addition, it also controls the ability how we connect to those around us.
What does it do?
This chakra helps us find a balance between ourselves, others, and the world around us. It regulates all aspects of relationships – romantic or otherwise; as well as social interactions with others. It also relates to how we express ourselves emotionally through love, kindness, and affection towards people.
The heart chakra is associated with our ability to love, heal and forgive ourselves and others. In other words, it’s considered the centre of compassion and understanding. This chakra is also responsible for our intuition and self-awareness. It helps us make decisions based on our instinct and not just the logical mind. People with a healthy 4th chakra are able to listen to their inner voice, trust themselves, and make good choices for themselves and those around them.
What are the characteristics of the Anahata Chakra?
The colour associated with this chakra is green because it represents growth and healing. The energy of green is calming, soothing, and relaxing – It brings balance to the body and mind.
Additionally, the element associated with Anahata Chakra is air because it represents our breath, which gives us life. Air also depicts communication and creativity, which is vital for emotional healing.
Benefits of opening your Anahata Chakra
The opening of this chakra will bring you great joy, happiness, compassion, and empathy. You’ll be able to feel unconditional love for yourself and others, which will help you create healthy relationships with the people in your life.
You’ll also feel a deeper connection to the universe, nature, and all living things. Opening this chakra will allow you to heal yourself from any heartache, grief, or pain you’ve experienced. It will also help you let go of any negative emotions that are holding you back from living the life you want.
Signs of a balanced heart chakra
When this chakra is balanced, you feel love all around, and you have a strong sense of purpose in life. You have a good amount of self-esteem that allows you to be confident and humble enough to accept help from others when needed. Moreover, you feel comfortable taking risks because you trust yourself and know that anything can happen if you allow it; nothing is set in stone, nor does it have to be controlled by anyone else but yourself.
You can be compassionate and kind without feeling like you are giving too much of yourself away. You have the ability to give and receive love from others without any fear of being hurt or taken advantage of. The 4th chakra is also responsible for allowing you to empathise with others and understand why certain things happen in life.
How do I know if my Anahata Chakra needs healing?
You may experience any of the following symptoms if your Anahata Chakra is out of balance:
- You find it difficult to express yourself with words or actions.
- You feel depressed and unmotivated.
- You’re unable to maintain healthy relationships.
- You are easily hurt by others and find it hard to forgive them.
- You feel disconnected from other people and your surroundings.
- You have trouble finding joy in life, even when things are going well.
- You have a hard time feeling compassion for others, especially those who have hurt you.
- You feel as if your life has no purpose or meaning.
- You feel alone even when surrounded by other people.
How to open your Anahata Chakra
If you have experienced any of the symptoms that we have mentioned above, here are some practical ways that you can do for unblocking the heart chakra and establish proper energy flow
- A yoga practice that includes asana postures, pranayama breathing techniques, and meditation – all of which work to balance the chakras – can help unlock the heart chakra’s qualities. Backbends and chest-opening postures are especially good at this. Some poses that open your chest include Puppy Dog Pose (Anahatasana), Camel Pose (Ustrasana), Wheel Pose (Chakrasana), and Upward-Facing Dog Pose (Urdhva Mukha Svanasana).
- Practising gratitude. Focusing on things you’re grateful for will help reduce any negative emotions and stress levels in your life.
- Practising forgiveness. Forgiveness is key to living a happy and fulfilling life. When we forgive others, it allows us to let go of any negative emotions they may have caused us. Forgiving ourselves allows us to release any negative emotions that are holding us back from living our best life.
- Self-compassion. Self-compassion is being kind and gentle with yourself when you make mistakes or experience difficulties in your life. It’s important to be kind and gentle with yourself because when we hold onto negative emotions, it can prevent us from moving forward.
- Being mindful. Mindfulness is the act of being fully present in your life without judgment. When you’re mindful, you can notice your thoughts and feelings without letting them control or dictate how you feel about yourself.
We hope this guide has helped you understand the Anahata Chakra or heart chakra. It is a powerful energy centre, and it’s important to know how to harness its power and use it correctly. In this day and age, it’s of utmost significance to feel love, empathy and kindness for ourselves and others.
To learn more about what each chakra represents and how it affects us physically and emotionally, check out the rest of our guides!